The aim of this class is to replicate the experience of attending a studio art class. You will not just watch video lectures but receive valuable feedback on your progress multiple times during the class. Zen, who trained in the classical Russian School of drawing and painting prior to receiving her MFA from San Francisco Art Institute, is a college professor and has experience teaching art to students of all ages. Zen will show you classical techniques for drawing a realistic portrait with plenty of individual instruction. This class is a great place to begin an online art education or continue refining your skills without a huge time and financial commitment.
To participate in this class you need:
1. An Internet connection, as well as the ability to take a picture of your drawing in progress and quickly send it via text or an email.
2. Drawing materials:
• Toned paper for drawing or pastel such as Canson Sky Blue or Steel Grey. White paper will also work.
• Graphite pencils. One of each 2H, HB, 2B, 4B, 8B.
• A white pencil: Pitt Pastel 101 White or General White Charcoal Pencil.
• A good pencil sharpener.
• Thin measuring tool (between 8 and 12 in) – a knitting needle works well.
• Paper stump/blender or/and small soft brush for blending.
3. Register for the class. You are not registered until your payment and your contact info have been received. Payment is required in full to reserve your place.
Payment of $100
• Through Venmo @Zen-Du or my cell: (850) 774 7270
• Send a check to
1624 Grenoble Dr,
Woodland, CA, 95695
• or PayPal
Cancellation Policy. If you cancel before the last day of registration, you get a full refund. Cancel after the last day of registration – no refund.